Saturday, October 20, 2012

Resurrected: The Director's Cut

As my recent (it's only been, what, not even twenty minutes?) post mentioned, I am back. Back after quite the hiatus, but that usually means I have been up to something, right?

No, absolutely not. I have just been so lazy. Well, kind of. 

You see, between the months I have been gone I have been participating in a massive social experiment called "college". Intriguing idea, really. It seems that the general idea is you get a massive control group of participants willing to spend money to get an education, and then set them free on a campus to interact with other people. 

Queer, isn't it?

Anyway, that's that. I actually wanted to talk about what I really want to do with this blog now. For some reason, I have gotten emails from people that were generally interested in my blog, which has given me the inclination that people want to know what it is I think about horror films. And thus, I return to reviewing films, but I also have an interest in lesser known works. In fact, so lesser known that almost no one may have heard of them. I am not talking about the obscure underground horror scene (though, that is interesting too), but I am talking about works from students in film school, or are majoring in cinema. 

I am one of these aforementioned students, and I have always been interested in seeing the works of other fellow filmmakers. At this point, I will ask anyone reading this to do the following:

If you, or someone you know, has made an original work and you want me to take a look at it, feel free to ask and I will comply! 

Because, who doesn't want to get a little (and, my God, do I mean little) exposure for their stuff? And amateur works are far more rewarding to watch than the countless amounts of popular horror films that have been wading in the sea of cinema for the past half century. 

So, shoot me an email at any time if you have any work you want me to check out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment